Monday 16 January 2012

Raising money for a masters degree.

It's a challenge. I need money for a masters degree. How am I going to get it? I'll try everything.

Hello. My name is Karolina. My dream is to become a translator. My dream is to study Translation at a university. I don't have any money. But it won't stop me.

Let me explain my current situation. I work in a restaurant cause-I-need-money. I could find some sort of a 'real job', but I don't want to. I want to be a translator and an expert in Intercultural Communication.

It's not a joke, I've always wanted to be a translator. Maybe for some time I pushed the dream away to the back of my head but it's always been there. My name is Karolina and I badly want to be a translator.

It's not like I'm not doing anything that could bring me closer to fulfilling my dream. I do, I translate. For free. I don't have any qualifications. My English isn't as good as I'd like it to be, but that doesn't stop me from pushing. I will get there.

For now, free translation has to do. I'm grateful to TEDTalks for taking me on as one of their volunteer translators. I'm grateful to Rysia for her feedback on my translation and her review of them. She teaches me more than she could imagine.

My name is Karolina and I want to be a translator and an expert in Intercultural Communication. I have one year to raise £8000.

No comments:

Post a Comment